Some updates (and infos for packagers)
Sorry for not posting that much in the last period, but surely I’m not dead and always working. So, since time is always against us, I will post a catchup of things that matter/could matter to you.
– I moved Policykit-KDE to extragear/base. It will be in trunk from 4.3 on, though all distributions that want/need to package it can find it there. I can also set up a set of releases (just like I did with PowerDevil for KDE 4.1) if there is enough demand, so please let me know.
– Chakra got released. It is such a satisfaction, after months of work, to get such a great feedback. Thanks to everyone for their support.
– I moved my first steps with the Wicd solid engine. Now it does something – not that much, and not connecting – though it is definitely starting to work. A big thanks to Wicd developers for being very responsive and helpful, you guys rock. The code is here: http://github.com/drf/wicd-solid/tree/master
– If you can make some noise for Alessandro and recompile DeviceSync from playground you’ll see a brand new delegate for connected devices. Not only: I have added support for custom actions for plugins. You can already change name to your Mtp device and format it. KIO slave coming soon.
– [Developers only]I need some help with a bug with new Plasma notifications. Basically, when calling KNotification::event(), some parameters are just lost, making notifications non persistant, actions ignored and more. This affects PowerDevil wait before suspend functionality, making it simply non work. Any ideas?
– I have discovered KMess, and it seems exactly what I was looking for. I’ll surely help them out.
Well, I hope I have not forgotten anything. Ah yes: I hope you are having some great holidays, just like me, and be excited, because KDE 4.2 is going to rock your socks off